List of cars and chargers being worked on

Hi,

I’m using Stekker for a while now. Works great, support is great as well. My charger is supported, but our cars aren’t. Would be nice to know what integrations with what cars and chargers are being worked on I think. I know most developers are very careful with release calendars, cause that creates all kind of expectations. Still I think that being a little more transparent would be good.

Can there be such a topic in this forum?

Regards,

Roland

Hi Roland,

Thanks for asking and welcome to the forum!

Which cars / car do you have?

We will look into what a large install-base is and what sells at a high rate in markets we’re active in. Recently we’ve focussed a bit on charger compatibility since we’re aiming to get better at estimating the SoC, so we don’t need to receive it from the vehicle to still hit those really cheap hours. If we “guess” wrong, of course we’ll still stay away from your departure time.

B.t.w. did you know that as of recently you can automatically smart charge your car without setting things up “per session”? Maybe that’s already your setup, but I just wanted to make sure you knew. Perhaps some others don’t know this either.

For new vehicle models, we might integrate another vehicle make or integrate a 3rd party platform that already connects to other brands. So far this is a strategy most other EV smart charging apps take (don’t build this connectivity layer yourself but instead rely on a party that does just this) but we feel like this is too important to not do ourselves. The down-side is that we’re can’t have quality and maintain a high level of quality of all these integrations unless we spend more on this. We intend to spend more on this in the future since compatibility is a big driver of adoption and increases our positive impact!

Hi Erik,

We have a Peugeot e208 and a Fiat 500e. Would be nice to know if they can and will be supported in the near future. Now we have to set the actual battery status (%) every time we charge a car to get optimal smart charging (on low cost moments according to our dynamic contract). I understand that when a car is supported in Stekker that manual input won’t be necessary anymore, cause Stekker can then communicate with the car to get that information.

This is what we have done with automation within Stekker that we know of: We have a RFID card per car, 1to1 linked to the car in Stekker, so that when we authenticate a charging session on our charger (Alfen Eve Pro Double), a smart charging set-up for that car is automatically set. BUT that smart charging session doesn’t know the status of that car battery, so it assumes it must load 100%. Which never is the case. To optimize that we now still need to set the actual status by hand in the app.

You mention there’s an automatic way to charge the cars now (recently). What I explain above is what I know and how it is set up right now. Is there anything else I can optimize?

Thanks, for your fast reply and support again.

Kind regards,

Roland

Hi Roland,

When you plug-in you should receive a push notification, when you tap it you should be able to adjust the current battery level. You can even do this multiple times per session if you’d like. But I think that’s already what you are doing, right?

Regards,
Jankees

Hi Jankees,

Yes that what I’m doing. I am correct when I expect this to be done automatically once the car is supported in Stekker?

Regards,

Roland

Hi Roland,

Yes, when a vehicle is supported we fetch the State Of Charge (battery level), this means you don’t need to provide it manually anymore.

Regards,
Jankees

Hi Roland,

Is there a lot of variation or would it already help if the default of assuming 0% were configurable? Perhaps your daily commute is short and well known in advance?

If the vehicle has an “assume the car is x% full” field, in many cases you might not have to do anything to change it.